Amy's introduction to a lifetime of entertaining occurred when she was 12 years old, at the magazine rack of her local supermarket. Smitten by the beautiful image of a chicken dish on the cover, Amy purchased the publication with her own money, studied the recipe and then prepared it for a party of 10 delighted family members. She has been stirring up inspired ideas for living ever since.
Today, Amy appears on her personal website, Inspired Ideas, along with a weekly radio show, "Amy's Table," on Q102 FM (101.9) in Cincinnati. She also is the Culinary Director of EQ at the Party Source in Northern Kentucky, plus offers regular lifestyle tips and recipes on the weekly TV show HomeWoRx.
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, plus more as needed
- 2 pounds country ribs (or pork shoulder)
- 2 pounds chuck roast (or beef for stew) cut into 3-inch pieces
- 2 pounds assorted chicken legs and thighs (bone-in)
- Salt and pepper
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 large onion, peeled and diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoons Gold Star Cincinnati Style Chili Seasoning
- 32 ounce chicken broth
- 14.5 ounce crushed tomatoes
- 2 russet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 12 oiunces frozen corn
- 12 ounces frozen lima beans
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- Gold Star Hot Sauce, to taste
- Heat canola oil in a large pot over medium-high heat.
- Generously season the pork, beef and chicken with salt and pepper. Working in batches, brown the meats on all sides. Place browned meat in a large bowl; set aside.
- Turn oven to broil. Broil until bubbly and golden brown. Remove from the oven. Sprinkle with bacon and chives. Serve.
- Add the onion, carrots, celery, bell pepper and garlic to the pot, adding more oil if needed. Cook and stir over medium heat until vegetables are tender. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in Gold Star Cincinnati Style Chili Seasoning.
- Return the meat to the pot. Add chicken broth and tomatoes. Bring to gentle boil. Reduce heat and cover. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 2 hours.
- Using tongs or a slotted spoon, remove the pork and chicken from the pot. Take pork and chicken off the bone; discard the chicken skin. Cut or shred the meat into bite size pieces; return to the pot.
- Add potatoes and frozen vegetables. Simmer 45 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Stir in Worcestershire sauce and hot sauce to taste. Season with salt and pepper. Serve.