Amy's introduction to a lifetime of entertaining occurred when she was 12 years old, at the magazine rack of her local supermarket. Smitten by the beautiful image of a chicken dish on the cover, Amy purchased the publication with her own money, studied the recipe and then prepared it for a party of 10 delighted family members. She has been stirring up inspired ideas for living ever since.
Today, Amy appears on her personal website, Inspired Ideas, along with a weekly radio show, "Amy's Table," on Q102 FM (101.9) in Cincinnati. She also is the Culinary Director of EQ at the Party Source in Northern Kentucky, plus offers regular lifestyle tips and recipes on the weekly TV show HomeWoRx.
- 8 ounces macaroni, cooked according to package directions
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1-2/3 cups milk
- 2-1/2 cups cups shredded Cheddar cheese, plus more for topping
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard, plus more to taste
- Gold Star hot sauce to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cans (10 oz) Gold Star Original Chili
- Finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons melted butter mixed with 1 cup crushed oyster crackers
- Heat oven to 350.
- Spray 8-9 wide mouth half pint jars with cooking spray; set aside.
- Cook macaroni as directed on package; drain.
- While macaroni is cooking, melt butter in a medium saucepan.
- Stir in flour; cook for about 1 minute.
- Gradually whisk in milk. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture thickens and bubbles.
- Stir in cheese; stir until smooth.
- Generously season to taste with yellow mustard, hot sauce, salt and pepper.
- Add more cheese, mustard or hot sauce as needed.
- Spoon 1/2 cup of the macaroni and cheese into the prepared wide mouth jars. Top with 1/4 cup Gold Star chili.
- Sprinkle with a small amount of shredded cheddar cheese, minced onion and the oyster cracker topping, being careful not to overfill the jars.
- Place the jars on a baking sheet. Bake 20-25 minutes or bubbly.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
- To give as a gift, cool completely before screwing lid onto jar.
- Include a gift tag that reads: Remove lid. Heat in a 350 oven for 15 minutes or until heated through.