Amy's introduction to a lifetime of entertaining occurred when she was 12 years old, at the magazine rack of her local supermarket. Smitten by the beautiful image of a chicken dish on the cover, Amy purchased the publication with her own money, studied the recipe and then prepared it for a party of 10 delighted family members. She has been stirring up inspired ideas for living ever since.
Today, Amy appears on her personal website, Inspired Ideas, along with a weekly radio show, "Amy's Table," on Q102 FM (101.9) in Cincinnati. She also is the Culinary Director of EQ at the Party Source in Northern Kentucky, plus offers regular lifestyle tips and recipes on the weekly TV show HomeWoRx.
- 8 12" flour tortillas
- 4 cups cooked Gold Star Chili Seasoned Rice
- 3 cans (10 oz) Gold Star Original Chili
- 8 cups finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (15 oz) red kidney beans, drained
- 2 large tomatoes diced
- 1 cup chipotle ranch dressing or sour cream
- 1 cup chopped onion (optional)
- 1 cup chopped jalapeno peppers(optional)
- 1 cup chopped black olives(optional)
- Sriracha Sauce(optional)
- Prepare Gold Star Chili Seasoned Rice according to recipe.
- Heat Gold Star Chili according to can directions and hold.
- Warm tortillas according to package directions.
- Place tortilla on plate or work surface.
- Spread 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese evenly over tortilla.
- Spread 1/2 cup rice evenly across the bottom half of the tortilla leaving space on the side and bottom edges to fold and roll the tortilla after filling.
- Ladle 1/2 cup heated Gold Star Chili over rice.
- Portion 1/4 cup of lettuce over rice.
- Top with 1 tablespoon kidney beans, 1 tablespoon tomatoes and 1 tablespoon chipotle ranch sauce or sour cream.
- Add additional toppings to your taste.
- To finish &mdsash; fold the sides of the tortilla in over the toppings and then roll the finished burrito starting with the bottom edge and rolling to the top edge.
- Top with additional chili, cheese and sour cream if desired.