Amy's introduction to a lifetime of entertaining occurred when she was 12 years old, at the magazine rack of her local supermarket. Smitten by the beautiful image of a chicken dish on the cover, Amy purchased the publication with her own money, studied the recipe and then prepared it for a party of 10 delighted family members. She has been stirring up inspired ideas for living ever since.
Today, Amy appears on her personal website, Inspired Ideas, along with a weekly radio show, "Amy's Table," on Q102 FM (101.9) in Cincinnati. She also is the Culinary Director of EQ at the Party Source in Northern Kentucky, plus offers regular lifestyle tips and recipes on the weekly TV show HomeWoRx.
- 4-6 Italian or hoagie rolls
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, plus more as needed
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 8 ounces mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 - 1 1/2 pounds flank steak, very thinly sliced across the grain
- 1 1/2 - 2 tablespoons Gold Star Cincinnati Style Chili Seasoning, warmed
- 8 slices American cheese, cut in half diagonally
- Toast rolls or wrap in foil and heat in a low (200') oven while proceeding with recipe.
- Heat oil in a large heavy skillet over medium high heat; add onions, mushrooms and bell pepper. Season with salt and pepper. Saut� until onions are soft, about 8 minutes. Remove from pan.
- Toss sliced steak with Gold Star Cincinnati Style Chili Seasoning; season with salt and pepper. Add seasoned steak to the skillet, adding more oil if needed. Cook quickly over medium high heat.
- Divide cheese between warmed rolls. Top each seasoned steak and Gold Star Chili. Top each sandwich with the onion, mushroom and pepper mixture.