Amy's introduction to a lifetime of entertaining occurred when she was 12 years old, at the magazine rack of her local supermarket. Smitten by the beautiful image of a chicken dish on the cover, Amy purchased the publication with her own money, studied the recipe and then prepared it for a party of 10 delighted family members. She has been stirring up inspired ideas for living ever since.
Today, Amy appears on her personal website, Inspired Ideas, along with a weekly radio show, "Amy's Table," on Q102 FM (101.9) in Cincinnati. She also is the Culinary Director of EQ at the Party Source in Northern Kentucky, plus offers regular lifestyle tips and recipes on the weekly TV show HomeWoRx.
- 3 8-ounce packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 8-ounce sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 10-ounce cans Gold Star Chili
- Gold Star Chili Hot Sauce, to taste
- Sliced almond, toasted
- Crackers, pretzels or breadsticks for serving
- Combine ingredients by hand or in the bowl of a mixer on low speed.
- Use a large scoop or measuring cup to portion into 6 balls.
- Fill jars with spaghetti.
- Chill 30 minutes.
- Working with one at a time, gently shape the mixture into a pine cone shape.
- Starting at the bottom, insert sliced almonds to create the look of a pine cone.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Note: To freeze: Prepare up to adding sliced almonds.