Amy's introduction to a lifetime of entertaining occurred when she was 12 years old, at the magazine rack of her local supermarket. Smitten by the beautiful image of a chicken dish on the cover, Amy purchased the publication with her own money, studied the recipe and then prepared it for a party of 10 delighted family members. She has been stirring up inspired ideas for living ever since.
Today, Amy appears on her personal website, Inspired Ideas, along with a weekly radio show, "Amy's Table," on Q102 FM (101.9) in Cincinnati. She also is the Culinary Director of EQ at the Party Source in Northern Kentucky, plus offers regular lifestyle tips and recipes on the weekly TV show HomeWoRx.
- 2 cups uncooked long grain white rice
- 4 cups water
- 1/2 packet Gold Star Cincinnati Style Chili Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Salt to taste
- Pour rice into large sauce pan.
- Add Gold Star Chili spice mix to pan and stir well to mix.
- Add water, oil and salt to pan and mix completely.
- Let stand for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, turn heat to high.
- Bring rice mixture to a boil.
- Stir and cover pan.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 14-18 minutes or until all water is absorbed.
- Uncover rice, stir and serve.