Amy's introduction to a lifetime of entertaining occurred when she was 12 years old, at the magazine rack of her local supermarket. Smitten by the beautiful image of a chicken dish on the cover, Amy purchased the publication with her own money, studied the recipe and then prepared it for a party of 10 delighted family members. She has been stirring up inspired ideas for living ever since.
Today, Amy appears on her personal website, Inspired Ideas, along with a weekly radio show, "Amy's Table," on Q102 FM (101.9) in Cincinnati. She also is the Culinary Director of EQ at the Party Source in Northern Kentucky, plus offers regular lifestyle tips and recipes on the weekly TV show HomeWoRx.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 package Gold Star Cincinnati Style Chili Seasoning
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 10-ounce cans Gold Star Chili, warmed
- Nacho Cheese Doritos
- Sliced ripe black olives
- Sliced pickled jalapeno peppers
- Minced onion
- Optional dressing: Stir a little of the Gold Star Cincinnati Style Chili Seasoning into prepared ranch dressing. Spoon over nachos.
- Brown and drain the ground beef.
- Stir in the chili seasoning and water. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer.
- To assemble, scatter a layer of Doritos on a platter.
- Top with the seasoned beef, warm Gold Star Chili, shredded cheese, olives, jalapenos and onion.
- Broil until cheese is melted or serve as is.
- Drizzle with seasoned ranch dressing if desired.