Amy's introduction to a lifetime of entertaining occurred when she was 12 years old, at the magazine rack of her local supermarket. Smitten by the beautiful image of a chicken dish on the cover, Amy purchased the publication with her own money, studied the recipe and then prepared it for a party of 10 delighted family members. She has been stirring up inspired ideas for living ever since.
Today, Amy appears on her personal website, Inspired Ideas, along with a weekly radio show, "Amy's Table," on Q102 FM (101.9) in Cincinnati. She also is the Culinary Director of EQ at the Party Source in Northern Kentucky, plus offers regular lifestyle tips and recipes on the weekly TV show HomeWoRx.
- 1 baguette (9 ounces) cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 1/4 pounds best quality deli turkey, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 3 medium tomatoes, diced
- 6 slices bacon, crisply cooked, chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh chives
- Gold Star Cheese Sauce (see recipe below)
Gold Star Cheese Sauce
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon Gold Star Cincinnati Style Chili Seasoning
- Gold Star Hot Sauce
- Salt and pepper
- 2 1/2 cups grated sharp cheddar
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Melt butter over medium heat in a medium saucepan.
- Whisk in the flour; cook for 1 minute.
- Whisk in the milk; bring to a boil and cook, whisking constantly, until thickened, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Whisk in cheese and Gold Star Cincinnati Style Chili Seasoning.
- Cook until the cheese has melted.
- Season with hot sauce, salt and pepper.
- Heat oven to 350' F
- Spray a 9x13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Scatter bread in pan. Top with a layer of turkey.
- Sprinkle with tomatoes.
- Pour Gold Star Cheese Sauce over.
- Top with cheddar and Parmesan cheeses.
- Bake 20 minutes.
- Turn oven to broil.
- Broil until bubbly and golden brown.
- Remove from the oven.
- Sprinkle with bacon and chives.