Amy's introduction to a lifetime of entertaining occurred when she was 12 years old, at the magazine rack of her local supermarket. Smitten by the beautiful image of a chicken dish on the cover, Amy purchased the publication with her own money, studied the recipe and then prepared it for a party of 10 delighted family members. She has been stirring up inspired ideas for living ever since.
Today, Amy appears on her personal website, Inspired Ideas, along with a weekly radio show, "Amy's Table," on Q102 FM (101.9) in Cincinnati. She also is the Culinary Director of EQ at the Party Source in Northern Kentucky, plus offers regular lifestyle tips and recipes on the weekly TV show HomeWoRx.
- 1/3 cup dark-brown sugar
- 2/3 cup white granulated sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon Gold Star Chili Seasoning
- 1 pound raw unsalted pecan halves
- 1 egg white, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon water
- Preheat oven to 300.
- Mix sugars, salt, and Gold Star Chili Seasoning making sure there are no lumps; set aside.
- Beat egg white and water until frothy but not stiff. Add nuts, and stir to coat evenly.
- Sprinkle nuts with sugar mixture, and toss until evenly coated.
- Spread sugared nuts in a single layer on a cookie sheet fitted with parchment paper.
- Bake for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from oven, and separate nuts as they cool.
- When completely cool, pour the nuts into a bowl, breaking up any that stick together.